What a busy weekend.... It all started Friday, I bought a new cake pan and decided to make Halloween Cupcakes, Giant Cupcakes for our little Halloween party with The Kaleta's and Adamo's. I have included some pictures of my first giant cupcake making abilities, not bad if I do say so myself. You will not see me on food network anytime soon but they were cute and the kids loved them. Thursday night Serge returned from a trip and after Nick went to sleep he went to his car to get his costume. Serge decided to be Murray from the Wiggles, on Friday Serge came down the stairs in his costume and Nick's face was priceless, of course I did not have the camera ready but it was great. The boys met up with Uncle Pete, Sean and Ryan for Trick or Treating, and they came home with so much candy. Nick's friends Zach and PJ came over for Dinner and some playtime. But by the time the boys all got together the costumes were off and the toys were out so no pictures of the boys in there costumes. So that was Friday.......
Saturday we were up early and off to the baby fare with Aunt Cindy, Laila and Kamila. It was a interesting experience, we saw Serge's cousin Sylvia who is about 7 weeks behind me in pregnancy so that was nice. The baby fare is much more fun when it is your first child, when it is your second.. Well I found myself looking at all the stuff you HAVE to HAVE, "can't live with out" and think. How did Nick turn out ok with out that sling, organic blanket, fancy bottle, all natural diapers, wipes etc. And if it is organic juice but has 38g of sugar in 8 oz does that make it better for your child. I sometimes sit back and wonder how I ever graduated college, as I was bottle fed, my parents used disposable diapers, no organics when I was a kid and the clothes we wore where not fire proof, all natural, organic etc. I hope I will be ok, and most importantly Nick will be ok. Not to say I do not watch what he eats, drinks, follow safety requirements for toys, clothes etc. But will the occasional bowl of Lucky Charms kill him???? Do they make organic lucky charms?????
After the baby Fare we headed out to see Aunt Kelly, she was in town for a Flea market. We got to spend some time with Kelly, Jim, Vincent and Jordan, but the best surprise was who was at the flea market at the same time. Great Aunt Dawn (AKA "the Greatest" Aunt Dawn) and Great- Grandma Wilson. They came in to see Uncle Morris and stopped by to surprise Kelly. Nick loves to see his Greatest Aunt Dawn and Great Grandma, he is into Candyland so he is just waiting to go to Great Grandma's to play Candyland with her. She spent many, many, many.... hours playing candyland with Kelly and I as kids, I hope she is ready for a two year old....
Sunday- we headed out to The Larocca house to see Nenna, Uncle Joey, Grandma and Grandpa. And we headed to the mall to find a new bedroom set for Nick, and a new comforter set for his new blue room. Nothing just yet, but found some solid options.
It was another busy weekend and this week is just as bad, Today we have gymnastics, swimming lessons, tomorrow we vote, Wednesday grocery shopping, Thursday a concert at Elmhurst College for Uncle Joey, Friday the Circus with the entire family(8 people total stay tuned), Saturday a dinner at our house for my mother in laws 60th B-day and Sunday a Birthday party at Pump it up. I think when I am in the hospital with Nathan I will get a vacation.......
Saturday we were up early and off to the baby fare with Aunt Cindy, Laila and Kamila. It was a interesting experience, we saw Serge's cousin Sylvia who is about 7 weeks behind me in pregnancy so that was nice. The baby fare is much more fun when it is your first child, when it is your second.. Well I found myself looking at all the stuff you HAVE to HAVE, "can't live with out" and think. How did Nick turn out ok with out that sling, organic blanket, fancy bottle, all natural diapers, wipes etc. And if it is organic juice but has 38g of sugar in 8 oz does that make it better for your child. I sometimes sit back and wonder how I ever graduated college, as I was bottle fed, my parents used disposable diapers, no organics when I was a kid and the clothes we wore where not fire proof, all natural, organic etc. I hope I will be ok, and most importantly Nick will be ok. Not to say I do not watch what he eats, drinks, follow safety requirements for toys, clothes etc. But will the occasional bowl of Lucky Charms kill him???? Do they make organic lucky charms?????
After the baby Fare we headed out to see Aunt Kelly, she was in town for a Flea market. We got to spend some time with Kelly, Jim, Vincent and Jordan, but the best surprise was who was at the flea market at the same time. Great Aunt Dawn (AKA "the Greatest" Aunt Dawn) and Great- Grandma Wilson. They came in to see Uncle Morris and stopped by to surprise Kelly. Nick loves to see his Greatest Aunt Dawn and Great Grandma, he is into Candyland so he is just waiting to go to Great Grandma's to play Candyland with her. She spent many, many, many.... hours playing candyland with Kelly and I as kids, I hope she is ready for a two year old....
Sunday- we headed out to The Larocca house to see Nenna, Uncle Joey, Grandma and Grandpa. And we headed to the mall to find a new bedroom set for Nick, and a new comforter set for his new blue room. Nothing just yet, but found some solid options.
It was another busy weekend and this week is just as bad, Today we have gymnastics, swimming lessons, tomorrow we vote, Wednesday grocery shopping, Thursday a concert at Elmhurst College for Uncle Joey, Friday the Circus with the entire family(8 people total stay tuned), Saturday a dinner at our house for my mother in laws 60th B-day and Sunday a Birthday party at Pump it up. I think when I am in the hospital with Nathan I will get a vacation.......

No comments:
Post a Comment